Monday, July 22, 2013

To See Beauty

I want to cover my body in paint; beautiful bursts of colors.

I want to swim in the rain and bathe in the sun rays.

Roll in the soft green grass, run through the woods, dip my feet in the cool creak and feel what it is like to truly breathe.

I want to see beauty.

To feel the wind on my skin and the earth under my bare heels, spend the daylight in the sun and the night counting the stars.

I need to feel free, like i have a divine destiny. But these days i feel old and colorless and alone.

I was made to live with reckless abandon, made to dance in white dresses. So where is my dress and where is my adventure? I think I've been looking away from the divine picture.

My soul is tired from these normal days and yet i can't find the will to change.

Then you come in like a cool fall wind, breathe into my lungs and remind me to exhale again.

"You are never consumed" you say, "you are never alone", "my love goes with you wherever you go".

In the stillness of the moment you meet me there and move me to believe your love is truly all i need.

You are the beauty i long to see.



"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” - Lamentations 3:22-24




~CW



No comments: