Monday, August 16, 2010

The Water...

Sometimes you just have to go sit by the water and listen to the sound of the waves, watching as they go back and forth. Sometimes you need to feel the sand beneath your feet, and the wind on your face. Breathe deep; the water reminds you to breathe deeply. Thank God for the stars, and the dark blue color of the night sky, thank Him for the beach and the sweet summer heat. I thank my God, for the freedom the water reflects, and the the childlike feeling i get when i am in it's presence, basking in the wonder of my Lord's creation. Thank you sweet Lord, for the freedom only You can give, and thank you for the peace and rest i find in You. At the end of the day when all i can find it in me to do is collapse on the shore, broken and empty, my spirit exhausted by the weight of these days, weeks, years..Your strong love comes to me so softy, so gently, sweeping me away with the ocean air. Your love, my Father, reminds me to take the time to stop, refocus, and breathe. Your beautiful beaches and bays, oceans, and lakes, remind me to stop and rest in You. The water, my dear sweet Savior, the water is where i see and feel You.

Please never stop speaking to me through Your creation...i love it. I need it.







~Cecily Priscilla

1 comment:

Krystal Celeste said...

Beautiful! I absolutely love this. I love to see how being at the bay, by the water always inspires something in you.:)


~ Your big sis