Sunday, October 31, 2010

Haunting Halloween Playlist

I love Halloween! There's something about it that feels so whimsy and happy! I swear that when I have my own family I’m going to be one of those moms who dress up and decorate their home with tons of quirky and fun Halloween decorations! My family has always done Halloween right though, we make lime sherbet punch, dip, both tuna and chicken salad sandwiches, and some kind of yummy treat! This year made homemade peanut butter cups! And of course you can’t forget the candy! Woot! That’s why I think I love it so much; it feels like a celebration of all things fun!

I love getting to dress cute on Hallows eve! This year I wore my Knife To Meet You T-shirt; it’s made by Landon Ginnings who is formerly of the band Showbread. The shirt has blood, a Jason mask, and of course a knife…it’s awesomely morbid! I paired the grungy tee up with my black and white striped mini skirt. For my hair, since it's already dyed purple, pink, and black, I just put it in pigtails with my favorite star clip pining back my bangs. I did my makeup as usual, but I decided to add a little whimsy by drawing a star under my eye with some liquid eyeliner :) I have to say I looked quite killah ha ;) If only I had an awesomely morbid guy to be my date…any single male zombies or vampires out there? Lol. I hope to one day find a guy who is just as dark minded as I am ha…although; in the meantime I’m having fun just looking ;)

Anycats, moving on to the reason for this blog; While making popcorn balls for Halloween I got inspired to make a Halloween playlist, because what’s a celebration without some rawkin tunes, eh? So here’s my playlist of songs that I find kind of creepy and insanely awesome! I hope you enjoy it! :)


Haunting Halloween Playlist~

Dead by Dawn – Showbread

Down Here We All Float – Sullivan

Howl – Florence and the Machine

Wake the Dead – Family Force 5

The Missing Wife – Showbread

Lake of Fire – Nirvana

Voodoo – Godsmack

George Romero Will Be at Our Wedding – Showbread

My Body Is a Zombie for You – Dead Man’s Bones (This is Ryan Gosling’s band…yeah, that’s all you need to know)

I put a Spell on You – Screamin' Jay Hawkins or Nina Simone (depending on your mood.
I prefer Nina’s version)

Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) – Marilyn Manson (No, I don’t listen to Marilyn Manson. He just does a great cover of this song originally by Eurythmics . Don’t judge me. I am not serving the devil)

# 1 Crush – Garbage

I Will Possess Your Heart – Death Cab for Cutie

Highway to Hell - AC/DC

Vampira - The Misfits

Monster – Skillet

Thriller – Michael Jackson

The Zombie Dance - The Cramps

Day of the dead – The Misfits (anything by the Misfits is going to work for Halloween really)

Monster Mash – Bobby "Boris" Picket and the Crypt-Kickers (Cheesy it may be, but no Halloween is complete without this strange classic about monster’s that know how to get their groove on!)

Cheers friends! Hope you all had a killer Halloween!

~Cecily Priscilla

No comments: