Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dark and Light

We walked into the dark, held hands through the pain. We saw the scars, and went down to the depths to find out the cure. It would be dark, but we would be better. The dark would bring out The Lights’ truth.

But love, half way down the tunnel you dropped my hand, and I realized your darkness would never end. I called to you, but you never answered, you were too blinded by the veils of black surrounding your eyes and soul. Love, they were holding you, the veils of gray and black, they had you tied and you noticed not. You delighted in their covering, you were fascinated by their tinting of your world; they reminded you of how your soul looks, you longed for the familiar so you let them be your friend, and soon your lover.

You liked the danger, you liked the seduction. You were sweetly lured in by the soft black cadence of the sounds and motions of her fingertips. You swayed in time with the smoke, and the way it blew and swirled. You liked the taste of the bitter in your mouth. The way it lingered on your tired tongue, the way it loosened your scared jaw. You liked the touch of empty false hands. The unattached kiss of lust, her lips have known many, and she let you know her the way you wanted to know me. You liked the mirage she created for your scattered mind. You liked to think of me, the way she let you have her.

Your sweet blue -green eyes, they went black with every screen lit night, with every secret glance of the unknown body, with every thought of the false forbidden. She is not real.

Your black veil is not real. My sweet love, oh how I longed to bring your heart back to mine; the dark would have fight on its hands, for I would never leave you, the man I loved, alone in the black, caught in the veil.

But you didn’t want my help. You bit my hand when it reached for you. You silenced my voice when it called for you. I wanted to hold you in my safe arms. You wanted to be held, and bound, by the dark.

So I left you there, you gave me no choice. For we followed each other into the dark that night, but the promise was to never stay there; there was to be daylight and sunrise on the new dawn’s horizon.

But the dark was too dark for me, I saw light and I knew I could have it. I saw light and I knew it was waiting for me. The sunrise wanted to warm my heart, it wanted to free me. I was made to dance in the sun rays.

So I left you in the dark, for it was too dead for life to grow.

I have let The Light grow me.

~Cecily Priscilla