Thursday, September 9, 2010

Where there is a heart, there is no distance...

I realized today that the heart knows no distance. I kind of knew that before, but today it just became very clear.

Today my dear friend’s grandpa passed away…my heart breaks for her and her family. I know the pain of losing a grandpa, as I have lost both of mine…it hurts so deeply. I am 3 hours from my friend, and I can’t be there to hug her right now…but, my heart is with her. I may be in Palacios, but my heart and all of my love and thoughts are 3 hours away in Dripping Springs right by her side, hugging her.

There have been times that the people I love are far away, and I have to be there for them long distance…whether it be a birthday, accomplishment, hard times or…the loss of a loved one, many times I can’t there for them physically like I would love to be. But, my heart is always there…it literally feels like during those times my heart flies out of my chest and goes to that person…like I would love to do. If I could take the people I love in my arms and just hug them, just be right there next to them…to comfort, or congratulate, I would. However, when I can’t be there to do that, I can send my prayers. I can call out their names to my God and He will send love and peace their way. This is the best thing I can do for them. And, thankfully, technology has given us so many ways to communicate our hearts…it may be by a phone call, an e-mail, or a simple text; we can now let our hearts speak to our loved ones from so far away.

So, the heart, whether a thousand miles away or right in the same room, it knows no distance…no, it just knows love.

I hope my family and friends can always feel my heart with them, for I certainly always feel theirs.







~Cecily Priscilla

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Dear Cecily,
I visited your blog today, expecting to find some wonderful and insightful thoughts and ideas since I last visited. I stumbled across this post and I had no idea that you had written it. I apologize for not seeing it until now but all I can say is: thank you. Your words of comfort and encouragement make me so thankful for your friendship and your heart. As you said, the heart knows no distance, and that's an amazing thing in our case! I sincerely appreciate all of your prayers and support during that time. Amidst all the family drama, you were there to listen and be available. I thank you for that and only hope to show you the same unconditional love!

Take care,

Amanda