Friday, May 20, 2011

Though it tarries…

“For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. “- Habakkuk 2:3

~

Let it come softly, let it come like a lighting flash, let it come in a still small voice, please let it come, let it last.

Let it come like a rain storm as I sleep, falling suddenly, lulling my eyes into an endless dream.

May it come like the ocean, its depth no one can know. May it be as peaceful as the waves, cleansing the shore as they flow.

Oh, let it be as a song, a sweeping melody. Let the tune drown out these fears, let the notes carry me.

Or maybe it will come as the spring, sunny, bright, and new. Bringing life to all dead things, and making memories new.

Let the roots dig deep, strong as on oak, as withstanding as the olive tree, never dying despite the storms and fires life throws. Let it be life giving, and fruit bearing, let its shade be a place of rest for many.

Yes Lord, send it in the burning sun, the sweet fresh air, let it remind us how to breathe, and let it renew our hearts so that we may once again believe and dream.

~Cecily Priscilla

2 comments:

Amanda Oliver said...

This is so beautiful, Cec!! Wow! I'm going to print this and save it :) I don't think I've ever read that verse in Habakkuk (if I have, I've forgotten it), but you did a wonderful job building upon it with your poem. Proud of you, girl :) Lovely work!!

Cecily Priscilla Wetter said...

Aww, thanks for the sweet compliment love! It means a lot that you like it :) I’ve always loved that scripture, it’s so prophetic. A couple weeks ago I had read a devotional based on it, and was thinking about life and other things, and the scripture just really hit me and made me write. It’s from my soul, and I’m glad you liked it :) Love you! :)